WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS HELD/COLLECTED GENERALLY
The personal information we collect generally includes:
- Your name, contact details and other personal details;
- Basic financial information. We generally do not seek to collect sensitive information. We would only do so with your consent, or if required by law or if necessary in connection with any purchase.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including:
- Completion of application forms or registration forms
- Through your access and use of our website
- During conversations between you and our representatives
- Through you giving us your business card
- When an enquiry is made by telephone, mail, face to face, via our website
- When you provide your details to us at an “open for inspection” property or an auction;
- When you enquire, apply or negotiate with our representatives in respect to purchasing, selling or renting a property
- Any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to a service or product we may be able to provide to you.
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies;
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING/HOLDING THE INFORMATION
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To supply our products and services to you;
- Responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- To process your application for purchase or lease;
- Ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations and conducting appropriate credit checks
- To confirm details to utility companies, banks, etc. contacting us on your behalf;
- To pay/release your details to rental bond authorities;
- Completion any necessary documentation to VCAT, Tribunals, Courts or statutory authorities;
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED AND DISCLOSED GENERALLY
Sometimes we will ask you to consent to a disclosure or use of your personal information for a particular purpose. We may do so in writing or over the phone. Other times, your consent will be taken to be given, where you indicate to us that you wish to obtain information about any of the services that we provide. We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
We also may disclose or use your personal information without your consent in the following circumstances:
- To our related companies;
- To prospective purchasers to negotiate the sale of your property;
- To organisations which provide services to us;
- With your consent or where it is necessary to provide you with services; – Where required by Law; and
- To organisations which have requested us to provide services to you or who co-operate with us in offering products or services.
- To prospective tenants to contact you for an inspection (telephone numbers & names only);
- To necessary Tribunals, RTBA, statutory bodies for the purpose for fulfilling our legal requirements under the RTA 1997;
- To lawyers or conveyancing companies to create documentation, leases or contracts; & to debt collection agents for debts incurred.
- Disclosures of or incidental to promotion and marketing to you of our services and products or Freight Drive seeking potential clients.
- To the general public when advertising or marketing your property including internet advertising or marketing, for the purposes of leasing or selling the property;
- Disclosures to media organisations, on the internet, to potential buyers or to existing or potential clients, to property inspection consultants, to tradespeople, to bodies corporate, financial institutions including our financial services company, government and statutory bodies, legal representatives, accountants, business consultants and other third parties as required by law.
- Disclosures to our third party consultants such as those consultants who from time to time may manage our database and/or computer system and/or who undertake the advertising and marketing on behalf of the entity known as Freight Drive and its related companies, or specifically your property.
DIRECT MARKETING/INTERNET BASED ADVERTISING
- You acknowledge that where we reasonably determine it to be appropriate, we may add some of your Personal Information including your name, address, phone numbers and email address to our databases or databases of our related companies. The databases will be used for ongoing marketing and sales related purposes.
- You always have the option to unsubscribe from any direct marketing communication you receive from us.
- We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material that is in any way inappropriate or offensive (in our opinion) from our Social Media Sites.
- Freight Drive stores your personal information using industry standards for security of information in order to safeguard it from misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction. By using Freight Drive Internet site you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure and can only use its best endeavours to secure your personal information.
- If you wish to access or correct any personal information we hold about you or have any feedback or concerns about privacy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org In the case of access and correction requests, please provide as much detail as us as set out below you can about the particular information you seek in order to help us retrieve it.
- If your personal information is not provided to us, and you do not consent to the uses to which we may put your personal information, we may not be able to carry out our duties and responsibilities to you as a professional organisation.